[ Home ] [ c / f / fc / h / m / mlp / paws / poke / tf ] [ Rules ]

/fc/ - Furry Comics

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Password (For file deletion.)

File: 137831830359.jpg (186.77 KB, 638x795, dyoA.jpg) Google iqdb

 No.34247

I'm trying this again for a short time. Once again this ain't *exactly* a comic but I surmise that "comic" is the best category among those availabe for this project.

adventure Praetexta is a lame little project revolving around the concept of drawing and writing a short story based upon the action suggested via comments, much like some sort of textual adventure. The comments are heard by the character like some sort of voices in his head, voices which he'll be keen to listen since he's got very little common sense.
I shall proceed to the same point where I arrived before one of the old wipe wiped the thread away, as a short recap.


"What is this place?
As if I've just woken from a strange dream I walk down a dark tunnel. I can't remember how I got here, or why. From what I can make out in this faint light this appears to be some sort of artificial tunnel carved into the stone."

Suddenly the sound of footsteps can be heard, drawing nearer and nearer.

"What should I do?"

 No.34248

File: 137831846877.jpg (298.35 KB, 952x910, dyoa2.jpg) Google iqdb

The voices suggested to pretend to be asleep, hoping that whomever it is it's approaching won't notice me

 No.34249

File: 137831864553.jpg (80.85 KB, 466x464, dyoa3b.jpg) Google iqdb

The steps stopped short as they got next to me and I felt something metal prod my side. The voices suggested that it might be a robot equipped with a dildo, and to sneak a peek without making any sudden movements.

"I fervently hope that the first voice is wrong; even though I can't fathom what kind of thing a "robot" is this thing's sharp and feels like a blade. I've felt the bite of a few in my time and I'm pretty sure this is it. I don't want to consider any connection between a dildo and a blade, owch."
"I think I can risk peeking through one eye without giving myself away... I can't see anything but a paw. Whomever is here, however, smells of hyena of male persuasion. By the feel of it he's prodding me with what fells like a shortsword (Perception check: natural 20)"
>roll (1d2: 2)
"I'd better not make any sudden movement"

"Hey, sleeping beauty, rise and shine."
"Damn! What should I do?"

 No.34250

File: 137831869693.jpg (207.05 KB, 590x867, dyoa4crop.jpg) Google iqdb

*Yaaaaawn-*
"He doesn't look all that hostile..."
// "Taking a nap in the hallway, were you? What's yer name, pal? also, more importantly, I don't suppose you are one of master Girard's guests that got lost in his halls, are you?"
"I..."
"Er, help! what should I do?"

 No.34251

File: 137831876553.jpg (167.46 KB, 734x533, dyoa5.jpg) Google iqdb

the voices suggested that I played dumb and pretended to be lost

> (roll 1d2: 2)
"Calm down and sheathe your sword, my name's Adhan and I'm a guest
First time here, I was bored so I decided to explore this place but I got lost... what's your name? can you show me the way to the main hall?"
//"Name's Nevius, as for the way for the main hall... Hurm... I'm not sure 'bout you. Sure, you do look like the master's type of guy but still... Why would anyone carry a sword to a dinner of leisure, huh?"
"Er..."
"Oh, right, I guess he noticed I'm armed. Voices? help?"

 No.34252

File: 137831884564.jpg (241.13 KB, 670x859, dyoa6.jpg) Google iqdb

The voices suggested to play it off, befriend the guy, maybe give him the sword or attack

"I'd rather not part with my sword, it's a heirloom of my family. So, I could fight or make something up, I guess..."
>(roll 1d3: 2)
"The hell with it, I'm tired of climbing glass walls, let the steel talk in my stead!"
"Less talk, more fight!" //"Aha! intruder!"
>You won initiative
>Atk, 1d20+5: 18, hit. 10 dmg dealt
//"Argh! Son of a- I surrender! Damn..."

"So, what should I do with him, now?"

 No.34253

File: 137831900519.jpg (97.33 KB, 430x647, dyoa7.jpg) Google iqdb

The voices suggested to humiliate, harass or try to befriend him

"Right, I could either humiliate him, or sexually harass him or try to get him on my side. I'm not used to humiliating people, so I don't really know how, but I'm sure the voices know best."
[a note about the procedures behind these "decisional rolls": whenever faced with multiple suggestions which seem to him contrasting I'll roll a die to decide which one he will follow. If, however, he deems a suggestion complementary to an other he will do it. For example, in this case grabbing the equipment from the defeated guard goes with everything but befriending him.]
>(roll 1d3: 1)
>Taken Shoulderpad from guard. Equipped, +1 AC (armor bonus).
>Taken Shortsword from guard. Put in inventory.
>Taken Keyring from guard. Put in inventory.
The hyena fliches as I slice through the string of his loincloth, but keeps a stern façade.
>Taken Sliced loincloth from guard. Put in inventory.
"Yield thyself and answer my questions, Nevius!"
//But... why are you talking li-
"Silence, thou unmannered dog! The voices are never mistaken! Tell me, how many other dogs patrol this place? What's in the end of this passage? Talk or I'll slice you like the swine that you are!"
//Ok, no need to throw the weakest insults ever heard at me. I'll tell you what you want: there are other two guards other then me. At the end of this hallway there's a bend with two doors. both of them lead to the manor proper, while the hallway continues towards our barracks.
"The nerve of him! Even in defeat he jeers! My insults may have been not so humiliating, I fear. Voices, what should I do? I might be wasting my time with this one"

 No.34261

"The boy is of strong will, trying to break him now can only cause commotion and unneeded battle. Try to leave him be without killing him, but remove him from being further help. incapacitate the boy. Slink on carefully fox. May be a good idea to try the manor path, but do not be hasty in fear of being caught by further guards. "

 No.34262

File: 137840033643.jpg (170.42 KB, 956x710, dyoa8.jpg) Google iqdb

"That seems a sound advice. In my mercenary days I had enough blood on my hands, I do not wish for unheeded killing"

A blow to the head with the butt of the sword is enough to knock out the hyena.

"This will keep him out for a while"
Turning south I head down the hallway.

 No.34263

File: 137840059725.jpg (88.22 KB, 732x918, dyoa3.jpg) Google iqdb

It doesn't take much to reach a T junction. In front of me, in the dim light of the hallway, I can just make out two doors with some sort of niche between them. Another hallway seems to stretch to the right and to the left.
Stopping at a secure distance from the junction no sound can be heard.

"What should I do now?"

 No.34266

"Peek around both corners before moving forward. watch the ground as you walk up. If it is not too dark, check for holes in ceiling. Then take a closer look at the centerpiece. It can either provide information,be a trap or just be a useless aesthetic decoration....DO NOT INSERT HAND!"

 No.34268

Agreed with last post, peek around there might be guards since that corridor leads to the barracks.

 No.34269

File: 137849502446.jpg (129.62 KB, 1224x601, dyoa9.jpg) Google iqdb

>Perception roll
Neither the floor nor the ceiling seem to have anything strange.
Peeking to the left it appears that the hallway bends almost immediatly after the door to the right.
>Perception roll
I can hear a faint metallinc tinkle from, I guess, around the corner, but it might be fairly distant. A little light filters form under the door.
The niche between the two doors seems quite plain. On top of the opening arch some sort of inscription can be read, "tin mc...i?" I don't understand it.
>Perception roll
The niche itself seems cut out roughly from the stone of the wall -this whole building seems excavated from stone rather then built with bricks, actually- and I don't see anything dangerous, not any trap or anything. Something glitters in the niche, it might be some sort of item similar to a ring? I can't quinte make it out.
To the right the hallway ends in an apse-like structure.
>Perception roll
Nothing seems to be unusual here; a little light filters form under this door, too, although here it looks faintly stronger and less flickering.

"What should I do now?"

 No.34272

take twenty on a search for traps. Seriously though, leave the niche alone for now, we don't know enough. Instead, go for the door without the light, unlikely anyone would be inside, but be careful of squeaky hinges!

 No.34276

Lean a ear against the doors an try to listen what's happening on the other side.Be careful!The doors can be open.

 No.34297

File: 137877057729.jpg (192.9 KB, 863x875, dyoa10.jpg) Google iqdb

Being extra careful I strain to hear anything coming from any of the two doors.
>Perception roll
They both appear to be silent. A little light filters from both of them, so I guess I'll try the one which seems less illuminated. The door doesn't seem to be locked as it easily swings open slowly, noiselessly. Behind the door a rectangular room appears, stretching about fifteen metres in length and four across. A candle in a stone holder on the far side of the room casts a flickering penumbra in which sparse furniture can be seen: a low table in the centre of the room, a couple of chairs against the left wall and a small drawer on the far eastern corner.
Right in front of me, on the other side of the room, a badger woman is looking at me
//Hello there! I don't think I've seen you before around here, mh, are you new?
Even though she is armed she doesn't seem hostile, quite the contrary, actually. How should I behave now, voices, what should I do?

 No.34298

Also, I forgot to add that a passage opens behind the badger woman.

 No.34299

>>34297
Strike up conversation and keep up the guise as a guest. Running will only alert the guards. She will likely be suspicious of your sword as was the last guard. A good cover story to fool her would be to claim that you are a sword for hire here to offer you services as a guard.

 No.34300

Those axes look nasty so yeah, posing as a guest is probably the best bet for now we don't have the need to alert anyone else let's keep it cool and see what happens.

 No.34302

>>34297
Use your flirting skills.

 No.34318

File: 137901316324.jpg (177.54 KB, 1020x793, dyoa11.jpg) Google iqdb

Right, I'll try to pass as a guest and maybe work some charm while I'm at it
"Yes, I'm new around here; you see I'm a guest of Girard. I've come here to seek employment as a sellsword actually, and I must admit that I would have sought employment here sooner had I know that I'd met a beatiful maiden such as yourself in doing so!"
//Hm-mh
The badger woman is scrying me with a frown. Truth to be told, more then *me* is staring intently at a vague point between my shoulders and my chin. Were I a woman I'd be upset.
//Oh, forgive my staring, you were saying...?
It'd appear that she wasn't listening to me; "I was just-"
//Excuse my rudeness but this is so fascinating! Your aura has traces of a recent dweomer, something that might have affected your memory? Do you suffer from amnesia, mayhaps?
"I-"
//I'm offering you a deal: you let me study your aura and these traces and, in exchange, I'll give your forgotten memories back, or what I can scrap up of them, as well as a little gift. I promise you it won't take long, ten minutes, fifteen tops. So, what do you say?"

She seems... enthusiast, but can I trust her? Voices, what should I do?

 No.34321

Oh hell yeah, do it!

 No.34324

>>34318
Go along with it. Seems innocent enough.

 No.34374

File: 137937389470.jpg (165.31 KB, 953x560, dyoa12.jpg) Google iqdb

"Ok, I guess"
//Excellent! you won't regret your choice! One more thing though; you see, I can't work with you being conscious: thoughts and emotions make the aura weaver and change. Putting you to sleep would have little effect, because even asleep those things would still remain -I mean the thoughts and the like-. Fortunately I have a solution: in this mansion here I've created three magical servants for Girard. They have no soul nor any conscience, and, therefore are perfect vessels. You could choose one of them to have your conscience sent to, while I work on your aura, thus providing you something to do while I work -I mean, getting back here: they are a little further inside the mansion- and allowing me to work properly.

The badger woman turns to the drawer nest to her and takes a small wooden box from it, offering it to me. Even though I'm not really close to her I can see three small stone figures inside it.

//When you've chosen which one you prefer, just touch the piece.

I pause for a second pondering what to do.

//Do you doubt me? I swear on my soul and my art that no harm will be done to you and that as soon as you reach back here I'll give you back your body in the same state as it was when you left it, with just the addition of those memories of yours I'll be able to recover.

She seems serious about it. Voices, should I trust her and pick one of the statuettes? Or else...?

 No.34375

Well she seems pretty sincere, and while there's always the possibility that she's the one that's caused your amnesia, figuring out who you are and why you're here is something of a priority. Still, if she was lying there'd be little reason for her to warn you about all these things, she might've just done her magic to you right away, just had you touch/pick a statuette without telling you what it did. So I'd trust her. And I'd pick the rabbit one, it has a cute nose.

 No.34398

Choose the bird head.

 No.34406

File: 137968256064.jpg (218.21 KB, 800x795, dyoa13.jpg) Google iqdb

I shall believe her, then. Amongst the middle (1) or the left (2) statuine I think I'll pick...
>roll 1d2: 1
...the middle one.
"Ok, I accept. I guess"
//Excellent!
The badger woman instructs me to stand near a simple chair by the side of the room and offers me the box of figurines. I just hope I won't get to regret this, but you know best, voices.
As soon as my fingers touch the cold statuette in the middle of the box I feel myself falling down into the darkness.

- - - - -
This is my last upload for a month or so. I'm going to go to work someplace with no internet nor a scanner, therefore I won't be able to upload any more for that period.
Bye!

 No.34407

Well....perfect timing for a cliffhanger...

 No.34474

Aww man...

 No.34642

Hey OP,

Do you have anywhere we can watch you, like FA or SF?

 No.34659

>>34642
I have a FA but I can't say I use it much. I use that account for pr0n and I don't usually draw much pr0n. Anyway it's this http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hym

 No.34825

File: 138352071666.jpg (201.83 KB, 787x705, dyoa14.jpg) Google iqdb

The feeling of falling down is abruptly substituted by one of vertigo. Briefly I feel af is someone is pushing me by all sides and then...
...the strangest of feelings, like when you sleep on your arm and you don't feel it anymore, only spread throughout the body. Suddenly I'm again aware of standing on a floor and I realize I have my eyes closed.
Opening ...my?... eyes I take a look at the surroundings. I seem to be in a room, I can't make much out in the darkness, but here the heat is stifling and the air smells of smoke. There seems to be some sort of big metal construct in front of me and I realize that I'm carring some sort of metal contraption. It is quite light.
The construct hums quietly in the background... voices, I'm confused, what should I do now?

 No.34841

Welcome back. You're looking in one direction... look in the other three. And at yourself. Admire 'your' new 'body.'

 No.34882

File: 138395525845.jpg (118.8 KB, 484x800, dyoa15.jpg) Google iqdb

(Thank you. Also I'm drunk and I don't know what I'm writing).

To my left and right there are unadorned walls of rough stone, behind me there's a door which has been left ajar. I can only suppose that I -I mean the body that's hosting me- has come that way. Inspecting my body I feel... somewhat sorter? I seem to be in good shape and most probably female, also. Does this thing have a gender, actually? Well anyways this body seems to have been crafted and modelled as a mix of various races.
What now?

 No.34883

Well that's interesting. You have a few options open to you, I'll leave you (or the other guys/voices) to decide which of them to pursue, according to your own desires or thoughts. You can check exactly where this 'person' who you now are came from (the door behind you), examine the apparatus in front of you (Perhaps you can concentrate and 'read' the runes on it and the item you carry), or you can explore the limits of your new body.



[Return][Go to top] [Catalog] [Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ Home ] [ c / f / fc / h / m / mlp / paws / poke / tf ] [ Rules ]